Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sick Monkey

Urgh, we're sick.  On Sunday Matt had a GI issue, then on Monday Charlotte was sluggish and whiny & then puked fantastically after dinner.  Yesterday Charlotte was coughing, sad and pukey, and I was sad and pukey.  Charlotte woke up at 5 am this morning, crying because her throat was hurting so bad.  We snuggled out on the couch, and I dosed her with Tylenol.  What a day.  Matt's taking her to the doctor this afternoon.  I feel so bad for her.  I really hope she doesn't have an infection or something.  I used to get bronchitis and strep throat a lot, so that's my concern.

I was changing Charlotte's diaper and getting her ready to go, and she was cheerful enough to carry on this conversation:

C: And gonna see a fishing tank, and there are cwabs.  Hermit cwabs inna shells.  Say "fishes."  [pause] Say "FISHES."  [looking at me expectantly]

Me:  Oh.  Oh!  "Fishes."

C:  Good job, Mama.  You say "fishes."  Good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment