Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Conflicted.

I got some strange news this week - my most recent place of employment, that laid me off just over a month ago, would like to recall me. I'm very pleased about this, because I desperately need a job, and I would be working from home again, with no loss in pay or seniority. This is great, and I'm very relieved.

However.

I am sad that I'm going to be working again - I've loved this time off with Charlotte so much. It's been amazing to just hang out with her every day, to play and be silly and go for walks and just be together without worrying about making up the time at 11 o'clock at night. But kid needs to be fed, and we need to keep a roof over her head, so back to work it is. Starting next week.

Charlotte's been growing in leaps and bounds. In fact, I suspect that she's in a growth spurt right now, or at least I hope it's a growth spurt and not some new, permanent sleeping pattern. Prior to this week she's been going to bed around 8 to 8:30 pm and waking up between 6 and 7 am. Perfect, I really can't complain. But over the last three days she's been waking up between 3 and 4 am for another bottle. Which is, frankly, not a huge deal since I'm not working. It might start being a problem next week if this is a new schedule and not just a temporary thing.

I can't really complain about *how* she wakes up, though. Charlotte is such a cheerful kid! I wake up to hear her babbling to herself and rolling around playing with her blanket or dolly or pacifier. One thing she just started doing is kicking fiercely with both legs on her bed. It's surprisingly loud at 2:30 in the morning.

New food of the week - watermelon. She's been eating it in her little mesh feeder bag, mostly just sucking out the juice. Which is funny and incredibly sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment