In an effort to get out of the funky/kinda-depressed/lonely/self-loathing posting cycle I've been in lately, I decided to make another bullet-point update list of stuff Charlotte has been up to in June and July. It was awesome to revisit this stuff. She's really gone from little baby to baby-with-an-agenda this summer, which has FLOWN by. We're moving in 3 weeks (!!!!) and a close, close friend is getting married in 10 days, so that's kinda hectic. As much as I'm dreading moving with an 11 month 1 week old baby, I'm sorta looking forward to the new place. We'll have a washer/dryer in the actual apartment (yay cloth diapers!) and wall-to-wall carpeting. As much as I hate wall-to-wall carpeting from an aesthetic standpoint, I think it will be awesome for Charlotte to fall face-forward on, and it will be easier to clean than hands-and-knees hardwood.
In June and July, Charlotte...
* Crawled all over the damn place.
* Made her first trip to Syracuse.
* Went to two bridal showers, a retirement party, a housewarming party, and two birthday parties.
* Met a jillion new babies. Or, you know, 3.
* Started eating tiny cubes of tofu, pears, cucumbers and overcooked pasta.
* Stopped sleeping through the night. Again.
* Started hanging out at the playground, especially with Daddy.
* Went swimming for the first time - in a lake!
* Went to Yankee Candle and had a scary fall.
* Loves bathtime, splashing, and bath toys.
* Ate out at two restaurants! Red Robin for dinner (three times!) and Sylvester's for brunch.
* Started pointing at things! So cute.
* Started using the baby sign for "more." Except she thinks it means "Snack/cheerios." So I guess that's what it means now.
* Is *thisclose* to talking - we think she's said "kitty" and "hi!". And I think she's saying "Mom" sometimes when she says "ma-ma-ma-mamamama!"
* Waves bye-bye.
* Still loves story time!
* Thinks standing and clapping is actually a hobby.
* Favorite toys are the piano, the mailbox and of course - Tigger. (as an aside, ooh, I found Tigger online! Auntie Heidi strongly recommended getting another Tigger *just in case* and here he is! I might have to consider this.)
Video of Charlotte in her playpen with her piano...