Monday, November 19, 2007

As much as I like Cooley Dick...

...I'm tired of being a patient there. For those of you who aren't on Matt's friends' list, I was in the hospital again from last Tuesday to Sunday.

Apparently this pain that I've been having periodically since Charlotte was born wasn't weird abdominal things from picking up and holding the baby, but actually gallstones. Oops. On Tuesday I woke up in HORRIBLE pain, and called my sister to come watch the baby so Matt could take me to the hospital. By the time we got there it was so bad that Matt filled out my paperwork and I just moaned in a room. It was relatively quickly diagnosed as my gallbladder, and I was given sweet, sweet, morphine.

Long story short, I was treated with antibiotics and painkillers all day on Tuesday to reduce inflammation, and the gall bladder came out Wednesday. Bad news was that a renegade gallstone escaped, they had to go back in on Thursday. It proved complicated and elusive on Thursday, so on Friday I got my first ever ambulance ride down to Baystate to have the super cool doctor there try and capture the gallstone. He did. Saturday was spent recuperating, and I came home Sunday afternoon.

I'm always really flattered when doctors are impressed by my condition. Like, when the doctor says, "Wow, that gallbladder was really inflamed and full of sludge!", I'm kind of like, "Aw, shucks, I do what I can." Or when two doctors tell you that you look REALLY yellow, because your liver is starting to not work properly because of the goddamned sneaky gallstone. Or when the doctor they sent me to down at Baystate was like, "Whoa, that was a lot trickier than I thought it was going to be." I guess I like impressing authority figures. Lame, but true.

Anyway, I'm exhausted and out of it, and not even going to bother trying to catch up with everyone's livejournal posts from the last week. I've spent a really traumatic 6 days completely away from my daughter, and I need to go snuggle her as much as I can before I have to go back to work next week. God, those two sentences make me want to cry my brains out. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know what's up, and to apologize for continuing to kinda fly below the radar.

(cross-posted and edited from the original LJ post)

No comments:

Post a Comment