Monday, June 17, 2013

It's always weird to get back to blogging after an absence. I have read a lot of "how to blog" and "how to be a good blogger" posts/articles out there on the big internet, and a lot of them say to not apologize for an absence or acknowledge one. And I get that - unless you have a strict posting schedule it's a little silly. It gets annoying to read post after post of apology. Especially if it's someone without a big audience (hi) - then it just seems bizarre. But at the same time, this time I kind of feel I need to do some explaining.

There's been some upheaval in our lives - nothing that directly has to do with me, my husband or daughter, but two of the families that we are closest to are going through some really hard times. And being supportive friends and family members have impacted our lives. I think it's a really positive thing for Charlotte to witness. To see that when things are sad and scary we stick together, and help the people we love with whatever we can do. It's hard, it's sad, and sometimes leaves us worn out and worn thin, but it's the right thing to do and it does help.

I have lots to talk about, and lots of things to blog about, and plans (and schemes) and all those things, but I'll save those for another post.

(copied from my other blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment