Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Three Little Pigs

Right now, The Three Little Pigs is one of Charlotte's favorite stories to act out.  She has this little cardboard playset that she has colored.....fancifully....and she will play the roles of both the wolf and the pigs.  She likes me to tell her the story, too, while she's eating or in the bath, or otherwise prevented from reading the book or playing with the toys herself.

Charlotte has come up with some alternative storylines - this afternoon she has added a line to the recitation:

Wolf:  Little pigs, little pigs, let me in!

Pigs:  Not by the hair on our chinny chin chins!

Wolf:  Then I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in!

Pigs:  My house is stronger than you think it is!

I think this has something to do with what she told my sister yesterday, which is that the house of straw and the house of sticks now have poured concrete, so that they can't be blown in.  (Unclear as to what she means exactly, is she saying that they poured concrete over them?  Or does she think that "poured concrete" is one word?  Another Charlotte mystery.)

I think it's time to unleash the Green Jelly:

No comments:

Post a Comment