Tuesday, August 23, 2011

One of my earlierst memories is of waiting out a tornado in a basement....

So, this happened today.  Earthquake 5.9 in Virginia, felt all the way up and down the East Coast.

Here's what I posted on Facebook:


I felt that! Charlotte was "napping" and said, "What just happened?"
True story: At first I thought that I might have been passing out because the couch was shaking, and I thought it was me. Then I noticed the light fixture swaying and heard the bedroom door rattling in its frame and wondered if the upstairs neighbors were having a party. THEN I realized it was an earthquake.
And then Charlotte dragged out one of her books and opened it up to the page that said, "...the whole house began to shake..." and pointed that line out to me & Michelle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment